At the source end , if i observed traffic on tunnel, it was 1.5mb . But at
the
other end , it was zero.There was no incoming traffic.  As i said earlier ,
its not a point to point connection ans involves multiple transit routers on
the way.

R1 --- SP1 -------SP2---R2
  TS------------------------TD

SP-Service Provider
TS- Tunnel Source
TD-Tunnel Dest.

At SP1 , we observed there was traffic on their serial interface with R1. Now
multicast is not enabled in any SP router. Its enabled only in R1 & R2.
Should
we be enabling it. As it was a public n/w we couldnt.

Also there was no RP configured in R1 & R2. Just enabled multicast with IGMP
group specified. We enabled PIM /IGMP in both tunnel as well as serial
interfaces of R1&R2.

R1 Config-
ip multicast-routing
interface Tunnel0
 ip address 172.16.1.2 255.255.255.252
 ip pim dense-mode
 ip igmp join-group 224.1.1.1
 tunnel source a.b.c.d
 tunnel destination w.x.y.z

interface Serial0
 ip address a.b.c.d 255.255.255.252
 ip pim dense-mode
 ip igmp join-group 224.1.1.1.

R2 Config-
ip multicast-routing
interface Tunnel0
 ip address 172.16.1.1 255.255.255.252
 ip pim dense-mode
 ip igmp join-group 224.1.1.1
 tunnel source w.x.y.z
 tunnel destination a.b.c.d

interface Serial0
 ip address w.x.y.z 255.255.255.252
 ip pim dense-mode
 ip igmp join-group 224.1.1.1.

Please do revert back to me for more info.

Rgds