Thanks, but I think it would be a bit of a drive for you. Isn't it quite a
ways from your place down to Palm Desert? Besides, I wouldn't be able to pay
you except perhaps with beer!

Anyway, I was finally able to get the switch upgraded and the problem I was
seeing went away. I never did figure out exactly what was going on. The
switch seemed to think it was suffering from a broadcast storm when it was
not. Rebooting to a new image cleared up the problem.

However, that led to the problem I'm discussing in the other thread!  :-(

John

>>> Chuck Whose Road is Ever Shorter  7/23/03 1:36:52
PM >>>
where's the switch and what are your passwords, John? if it's close enough,
I'll be "happy" to help you out ;->

""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >Hi,
> >Have a couple of ws-c2950 and ws-c2912xl switches running IOS
12.0(5.3)WC1
> >version.
> >Recent Cisco vulnarabilty recommends upgrade but for this version it
> >recommends 12.0T  or 12.1
> >
> >What version will be best suited for upgrading these swicthes?
> >anyone knows whether 12.1(19) will be ok for these switch upgrades?
> >
> >thanks in advance.
>
> At this very moment I'm wrestling with a 2950-24 that is running
> 12.0(5.3)WC1 and I'm trying to upgrade it to 12.1(13)EA1b. Is 12.1(19)
> available for them? As of yesterday, 12.1(13)EA1c was the latest
available
> for the 2950.
>
> I seem to be running into a bug that is causing excessive CPU usage on
the
> switch, so much so that it's not letting me download a new image
> successfully. To make matters worse, to personally tend to this switch
I'd