Believe me, Chuck, I've harped on our LAN people about this forever and they
finally have made great progress in that area. Today's problems arise from
some P133s with 10baseT ISA cards in them. With previous versions of the
2950 IOS we'd hardset the ports to 10/half and then reboot the PC about five
times (yes, I said five times!) and from that point on they'd have no
problems. I have no explanation.

As of the latest version of software, the connections to these NICs seem to
be on even shakier ground but we seem to be getting them under control. The
real solution is to upgrade the NICs in all of those machines but that's
easier said than done consider the locations of these machines relative to
ours. :-)

John

>>> Chuck Whose Road is Ever Shorter  7/23/03 1:35:37
PM >>>
lazy boy. upgrade your NIC drivers. :->

NIC problems with Cisco switches have been issues for several years that I
can think of. ;->

""John Neiberger""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> All those who consider any version of this platform beware. As far as I
can
> tell there are no reliable software versions for this switch that do not
> suffer from connectivity bugs. We thought 12.1(13)EA1b solved our
problems
> so we started rolling out this version. Upon reloading we have a number
of
> users complaining and we're not able to resolve the connectivity issue.
>
> Granted, this particular problem is between the 2950 and an old NIC but
I'm