Hi guys,

Just a quick one and am sure this has been asked many times.

Two rtrs with serial line between them. On one router

!
hostname QOS-RTR1
!
class-map Data-Service
  match access-group name Data-Hosts
!
class-map Voice-Service
  match access-group name Voice-Hosts
!
policy-map Customer1
  class Data-Service
   bandwidth percent 50
  class Voice-Service
   bandwidth percent 20
!
ip access-list extended Data-Hosts
 permit ip host 10.1.1.22 any
ip access-list extended Voice-Hosts
 permit ip host 10.1.1.21 any
!
Interface serial0/0
 ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
 Service-policy out Customer1
 bandwidth 512

Now, if there is only a data stream running from the one configured host in
the ACL, and I have a 512k line, This data traffic even though it is
configured for 50% of the bandwidth, can automatically use 100% of the
bandwidth (if I have the max-bandwidth thing set to 100) Correct?

Then if I start the voice stream from the other host, that has 20% of the
bandwidth, this will then scale down the data traffic so that the 20%
bandwidth can be guaranteed for the voice stream.

Please can someone confirm.

Many thx indeed.

        Ken Farrington
        Global Networks, Barclays Capital, 5 The North Colonnade, Canary
Wharf, London, E14 4BB
        * Tel : 020 7773 3550
        * Mob : 07768-866655
        * [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.