Van: Tim Champion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: maandag 28 juli 2003 13:35
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: HSRP + ARP Problem [7:73098]

Bit of a strange one this. We have 2 7206 routers running HSRP that are
support by our telecoms provider. The fast ethernet interface of each is
connected into our 2950 along with a firewall.

>From the switch, or firewall, I can ping either of the 'real' ip addresses
but not the virtual address. I have used debug arp and seen the arp request
go out for the virtual address (the telco has done the same and see's the
request come in) but there is no reply. If we configure a static arp entry
it all works fine.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this???

Many thanks

Tim