No radius load-balancing here, just sysadmin handy. Maybe you should check
Steel-Belted or something for scalability. My experience is that
Radiusserver load is VERY low due to little amount of packets (small DB
ofcourse).

Loadbalancing VPN client scenario:
Imagine 2 windows 2000 boxes (sorry) with ias installed and configured (MS
Radius=works ok)

Then based on for example 2 different VPN-groups (say in PIX) the PIX is
configured to contact Radiusserver1 or for the other group Radiusserver2.

So preferred for 50% of the users (different vpn-group) 1st server, other 50
% second server.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/iaabu/pix/pix_62/cmdref/ab.h
tm#1070086
For pix:
AAA server group tag (max 14 server groups)
(max 14 servers per group , so fail-over)

For hardware boxes IOS 12.2 SAYS:
You can put multiple hosts in a server group. Just do Radiusserver1 1st in
servergroup in 50% of the routers, say westcoast, south of state, and 50%
Radiusserver 2 1st in servergroup.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fsec
ur_c/fsecsp/scfrad.htm#1001000

If two different host entries on the same RADIUS server are configured for
the same service-for example, accounting-the second host entry configured
acts as failover backup to the first one. Using this example, if the first
host entry fails to provide accounting services, the network access server
will try the second host entry configured on the same device for accounting
services. (The RADIUS host entries will be tried in the order in which they
are configured.)

Martijn