>  >By the way, FORTEZZA is used for more that "sensitive but unclassified"
>>traffic.  That's just one application.  What you're probably looking for
>is
>>a product that falls in the "NSA Type 2" category.  We can discuss more
>>offline if you want to...
>
>Out of curiosity, what is currently used for classified traffic?

A whole range of devices, usually a KG-something. There really is no
single solution, given there are a very wide range of requirements.
On the one hand, you might have a device that an artillery observer
uses to send small messages with target coordinates, which become
irrelevant in 5 minutes or whatever it takes to blow the target away.
High-resolution imagery streams, however, need multimegabit (or
better) throughput.  Spy reports are small, but need to be
unbreakable or at least secure for decades -- go to the NSA
historical page, read about VENONA, and find out why.

Apropos of Cisco, you might see an occasional reference to BLACKER
mode. That's a now obsolete crypto device that was going to be the
greatest thing since sliced bread, handling traffic at all security
levels. Unfortunately, it did so much processing that it only had 64
Kbps throughput, when the single-level devices of the time could do
T1 or better -- and more cheaply.