From: "Chuck Whose Road is Ever Shorter" [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 2:52 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Gigabit Copper Switch [7:73116]

""Larry Letterman""  wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Ismail,
>
> The stackwise mentioned below is the way to interconnect 3750's by
> using a large cable that connects the switches together. This
> essentially extends the backplane of the switches and passes Data at
> 16GB both ways...

I think you may mean 16 gig each way for a total of 32. I think Cisco will
soon be saying ( and accurately ) that a T1 is 3.08 megabits bandwidth
->  )

( was online in one of those webinars the other day. according to the slide
show, that's the deal )

another interesting feature of the 3750 stackwide technology, indicated on
one of the slides and stated verbally by one of the SE's, is that if you
have several 3750's configured as a stack, you can create gig etherchannels
by aggregating posts off of more than one switch. I.e take a gig port of
each of 5 switches in the stack and create a single gig-e channel. I have
not heard that officially from Cisco, and it seems too good to be true, but
the slide in the presentation sure shows it, and one of the Cisco SE's on
the call stated it was so.

Larry, contact me off line, and I'll forward you the name and e-mail of the
Cisco SE who gave the presentation.