>I have to ask what you are basing that statement on.  I'm not trying to
>dispute you, just to gain moe information.  I have never seen anything
that
>would indicate a change in Duplex when set to 100 full on each end.  Are
you
>suggesting that 100/half is the way to go with this?
>
>David

Yes, that's what I'm saying. It's difficult to find this information but I
was able to find it at one time and it's been proving out experientially in
our network. We tend to buy a lot of one particular major computer
manufacturer, and the NICs they use will do this. In fact, most of the NICs
on our newer computers behave this way. It's almost a weekly issue around
here since we started rolling out newer Cisco switches. It was not a problem
with the 2924XL and Cat 5000, but it became a huge problem when we upgraded
to a 6500, 2948G, 2980G, and 2950s.

I'll look around to see if I can find those references for you and I'll post
them if I'm successful.

John