At 3:35 PM +0000 8/2/03, Charles Cthulhu Riley wrote:
>Less IP addresses used?

Typically, the advantage of P2P is that you can impose individual
policies on each spoke. A basic such example would be bandwidth
matching the CIR if all CIR's are not the same.  Spoke-specific
access lists would be another.  Routing configuration generally is
easier.

You also get finer granularity for SNMP, accounting, etc.

P2M might slightly conserve IP addresses, but, more significantly, it
conserves Interface Descriptor Blocks (IDB) and interface buffers in
the IOS.  In some respects, it's more intuitive, although the routing
configuration is more complex.