I think your thinking way too hard about this;)  A loobback is
nothing more than a logical interface as opposed to a physical
interface.  As far as the routing process is concerned it's just another
interface.  Don't know how to articulate it any further.

   Dave

Robert Edmonds wrote:
> You gentlemen have pointed out some good uses for loopback interfaces.
> However, my dilema still remains that I have yet to have somebody solidly
> explain loopback interfaces in a way that my simple mind can understand.  I
> have also been unsuccessful in finding any website that accomplish this.
> Any takers?
>
> Robert
>
> ""p b""  wrote in message
> news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>>terminate iBGP sessions on
> http://shop.groupstudy.com

David Madland
CCIE# 2016
Sr. Network Engineer
Qwest Communications
612-664-3367

"Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it
can do something to the people." -- Thomas Jefferson