At 3:33 PM +0000 8/7/03, John Neiberger wrote:
>And I don't mean the Starship Enterprise.  :-)  I'm pretty sure they do use
>IPng, though.

I was at the Toronto IETF meeting when the final IPng decision was
made. Scott Bradner had been going on and on about how V4 had served
us well, but it was time for a new generation. (Note: V6, V7 and V8
were all proposals).

Somebody in the back of the auditorium yelled out "What are we going
to do when IPng runs out of steam?"

Immediately, someone came back "IP Deep Space Nine!" (the next available #)

Somebody else said "Yeah, but who's going to support it?"

"Doh! What's the name of the commander of DS9?" [1]

And we saw it...Chief O'Brien complaining to his boss that he was
trying to load the new IOS 17329287.23(4)T release into his Cisco
85852230XL router, but it wouldn't fit into the 128 petabyte RAM.

[1] For non-fans, Benjamin Sisko. Hey, spellings change in 300 years.

>Seriously, regarding IPv6. Who's currently migrating to it? Any enterprise
networks that aren't providers of some sort?

Significant interest in Asia.
Selected industries:  HDTV, 3G wireless, new generation air traffic control