I assume you meant R4 not R1 here:

> Assume that R1 is connected to another cloud of routers and
> that traffic to networks A, B, and C will originate from this
> other cloud.

And you didn't say what should happen if both the R1-R2-R3-R4 and
R1-R7-R6-R5-R4 path are unavailable, so I will assume only traffic B and C
are supposed to go through via the R1-R4 link. (Though it wouldn't make a
big difference if traffic A needed to go through there, too.)

I am also a bit uncertain why the routing requirements are stated "from R1's
perspective", if they refer to the traffic that goes *to* R1. I'll assume
this is just an oversight and you are not interested in how traffic *from*
R1 will be routed.

Having said that, my suggestion would be to run eBGP between

- R4-R1 and filter out network A and increase the weight of network B,

- R4-R3 and filter out network C, and

- R4-R5 and filter out network C.

R4 should run OSPF only on the interface towards the cloud, ie. R4 would
talk only BGP towards R1, R3 and R5, and you would redistribute BGP into
OSPF on R4. R3 and R5 could learn A, B and C via OSPF, I don't see why they
would have to run BGP towards R1/R2/R6 (but they can if you want that).

I think the above description pretty much nails down the configuration. If
you really want specific configs, then tell me which part you are not clear
about.

Thanks,

Zsombor