hi,

i am sure this is basic but I am having trouble. I have a 2503 that I would
like to use for some testing...

When I hook a laptop to it by console cable, I can see the router boot up,
but after it is done booting I cannot get anymore response out of the darn
thing!

I can break the boot and go into rommon and ensured the confreg was 0x2102.
for kicks I set it to o/r 0x2101 to put it into the boot image but the smae
thing happened. It gets allt he way through and I can't get any further...

any ideas? below is the screen capture of where I lose contact w/ the router.

THANKS!
jim

00:02:00: %SYS-5-CONFIG_I: Configured from memory by console
00:02:01: %LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Serial1, changed
state to down
00:02:48: %SYS-5-RESTART: System restarted --
IOS (tm) 2500 Software (C2500-JK8OS-L), Version 12.2(1d), RELEASE SOFTWARE
(fc1)
Compiled Sun 03-Feb-02 22:01 by srani