I haven't read the rest of the replies to this yet, but I think there is
some confusion (probably on my part reading the post I replied to).  The
post I replied to talked about "putting into the [OSPF] routing table."  If
there is a static and a BGP route, the router should put both into the
active router table, right?  Now, what route the router chooses when
actually routing packets is of course the most specific first, and then the
one with the lowest administrative distance.  That's what I said in my
reply, that the router would put both static and BGP route in the routing
table.  I didn't make any statement on what route a router should choose
when routing packets...

I guess I got thrown because the original post was talking about multiple
OSPF processes and what route would get inserted into the routing table, and
then the subject was changed mid-way to what route in the routing table a
router should choose.

Fred Reimer - CCNA

Eclipsys Corporation, 200 Ashford Center North, Atlanta, GA 30338
Phone: 404-847-5177  Cell: 770-490-3071  Pager: 888-260-2050

NOTICE; This email contains confidential or proprietary information which
may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient(s).
If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected the email, please
notify the author by replying to this message. If you are not the named
recipient, you are not authorized to use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on this email, and should immediately delete it from your computer.