Title: RE: Network Design Question

HSRP is primarily used for fault tolerance, but it can be used for load balancing.  If you configure two HSRP groups with the routers as primary in one group, and standby in the other, you will achieve fault tolerance and load balancing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2000 11:04 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Network Design Question

In a message dated 8/8/00 10:48:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< > I believe that I can use HSRP on the LAN side of HQ, but that is
>not possible on the WAN. I cannot use EIGRP because it is Cisco
>proprietary.

Isn't HSRP used more for fault tolerance than it is for load balancing?
Actually, I've never even heard of the two (HSRP and Load balancing) going
together. At least that's what I got from reading up on it. Please let me
know where I am confused.

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

    If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer, a
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode once a year killing everyone inside.
                                        ~Robert Cringely, InfoWorld~