Sorry, I have that line but forgot to post it.

The only thing I can think of, is that Win98 gets confused as to where to
send the packets.  It only has one default gateway (the one on the network
adapter for the local network).  I am curious how the TCP/IP Stack knows to
send items destined for the network inside the VPN lan through the virtual
adapter.  Do I need manual router statements on the Win98 PC?

Any ideas how to make them without knowing that IP address the PPTP adapter
will get?