I think there are some implications with the ISDN interface being in
backup mode - like IOS idling the interface. You could just use a
floating static route to dodge that issue - works as long as you don't
mind the ISDN not being tied to the serial interface and the effect
should be the same - works whether you're looking for dial backup or you
can leave ISDN up all the time.

kaiser anwar wrote:

> Hi,
>    I am having issue with backup interface with isdn. I can ping
>    my directly connected bri interface. but as soos as I hit my
>    serial backup interface bri 0/0. Bri goes down. i do show isdn
>    staus it says layer one deactived. this what it shows for sh ip int
>
> Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
> Protocol
> Ethernet0/0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  up
> up
> Ethernet0/0.4              130.4.34.3      YES NVRAM  up
> up
> Ethernet0/0.6              130.4.36.3      YES NVRAM  up
> up
> BRI0/0                     130.4.113.3     YES NVRAM  standby mode
> down
> Serial0/0                  130.4.100.3     YES NVRAM  up
> up
> BRI0/0:1                   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down
> down
> BRI0/0:2                   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down
> down
> Virtual-Access1            unassigned      YES TFTP   down
> down
> Loopback0                  130.4.3.3       YES manual up
> up
>
> Thanks in advance for eveyone's help.
>
> Sincerely,
> Kaiser A
> http://shop.groupstudy.com

mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone:402-301-9555
"After all that I've been through, you're the only one who matters,
you never left me in the dark here on my own" - Widespread Panic