This is normal for a backup interface. If you want the ISDN to show active
as well you need to configure dialer interfaces and place them in backup
mode

-----Original Message-----
From: kaiser anwar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 04 September 2003 23:20
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: backup interface [7:74836]

Hi,
   I am having issue with backup interface with isdn. I can ping
   my directly connected bri interface. but as soos as I hit my
   serial backup interface bri 0/0. Bri goes down. i do show isdn
   staus it says layer one deactived. this what it shows for sh ip int

Interface                  IP-Address      OK? Method Status
Protocol
Ethernet0/0                unassigned      YES NVRAM  up
up
Ethernet0/0.4              130.4.34.3      YES NVRAM  up
up
Ethernet0/0.6              130.4.36.3      YES NVRAM  up
up
BRI0/0                     130.4.113.3     YES NVRAM  standby mode
down
Serial0/0                  130.4.100.3     YES NVRAM  up
up
BRI0/0:1                   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down
down
BRI0/0:2                   unassigned      YES unset  administratively down
down
Virtual-Access1            unassigned      YES TFTP   down
down
Loopback0                  130.4.3.3       YES manual up
up

Thanks in advance for eveyone's help.

Sincerely,
Kaiser A