Nakul,

Hi!  If you really want to learn about switching, I'd recommend picking up a
couple of switches and learning "hands-on."  It will give you a chance to
play around with different configurations.  If you've got the bux, go with a
couple of 3550s (it'll pay off after you finish CCNP and go for CCIE).  If
you can't afford that, go with a couple 1912s instead.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
Network Learning Inc