After two calls yesterday with minimal headway, (the best answer I got was,
"call back tomorrow"), I was successful in getting my test rescheduled.  I did
have to speak with a manager, but I must have been convincing since she fixed it
without a fuss after I explained what had happened.

The moral:  Always get the name of the person you spoke with as well as the
confirmation number.

BTW, the confirmation number alone is NOT enough since it doesn't seem change
when you do a "normal" reschedule.

Thanks to all who responded,
Donald