Do both the file servers adn the PCs use same the primary IPX frame
encapsulation?

Also, try this:

Pick a PC, and patch it directly into the NIC of the server (that is, make a
cross over cable, and path the drop from the PC to the drop for the server).
You'll remove alot of factors from teh equation.

If it doesn't work, then I would suspect a configuration problem:  also,
check the drivers for the NIC card:  you may need an update.

You may also want to get some CAT5, and connect the server directly to the
switch using CAT5...CAT3 makes me feel queasy!

Good luck, and HTH,

Charles

009301c0032c$66728740$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:009301c0032c$66728740$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...