For what it's worth, posting a second time...
{Posting thru nntp, if that matters?}

                          BSCN review

Test          : BSCN 1.0
# of Questions: 61
Score         : 850
Passing score : 690
Preperation   : A bunch!

   Exam Prep
      Specifically, I took the BSCN 1.0 class through
      IMS http://www.imsinc.com/ two weeks ago.  Not
      an indorsement, just stating where I went. The
      class started off kind of rough, as the
      instructor did not show up until 1pm on the
      first day...travel probs.  Additionally we had
      a power outage for approximately 4 hours later
      in the week.  Luckily, I did not pay for the
      class directly...work tuition reimbursement.
      I took the test this past Thursday.

      The class covered the meat of the material. I
      think more importantly, it allowed you to
      configure the commands on the routers.  And at
      this time, that worked out for me as my lab is
      in a _Public Storage_ facility, until we move
      into the house.

   Self Study
      BGP BGP BGP.  Haven't done the ISP thing {yet!}.
      This was my biggest lacking.

      BTW, thanks go out to the 3 guys who replied
      to my BGP Sync & Next Hop thread.  I wish it had
      spawned a bit more conversation in the group...
      thought it was a good question...ah well. ;-)

      I gave OSPF about 1800 ticks of my study time,
      due to experience.  However, check the links
      section at the bottom for OSPF stuff. All my
      OSPF books are also in _Pub Storage_
      facility, so I sorta winged it there, with
      the class being my reinforcement.

      EIGRP reinforcements actually came from the
      course.  And while I had experience with
      EIGRP, I didn't know things like the HELLO/
      Update/ Query/ Reply/ & Ack packets.  So if
      you don't either...search Cisco. ;-)

      VLSM...you are _EXPECTED_ to know it.  Both for
      the test and for the class.  Not a problem for
      me, but if you don't have it down tight, you
      need to.  Both the test & the class EXPECT you
      to know how to summarize {supernetting}.

   Experience
      First 10 years, I did long haul telecom.  T1
      guru, back when T1 was considered High speed.
      Luckily I saw the writing on the wall, and
      hi-jacked into the Networking scene 5 years
      ago.
      During those 5 years, I had to clean up other's
      messes...5 users with a /24...that kind of stuff.
      Discontiguous networks etc...all the while
      integrating non-Cisco gear into the mix.  So
      I ended up buying 2 books from Amazon on OSPF,
      had 10 days to figure it out & implement it.
      You either beat the learning curve or you
      don't! ;-)

Well, that's about it.  I got 100% on the IP portion;
I think that was the VLSM/Summarization.  The funny
part was I got an 85% on OSPF, and 88% on BGP.  Well,
it's funny to me, because I feel I should _know_ OSPF
better. ;-)  Still wondering what I missed on OSPF.

BRCAN will be _my_ hard test.  Half the time I mis-spell
TACACS ;-)

Good luck all...
and keep pressing the packets to the routes ;-)

TroyC

The links:             {watch the word wrap}
==========

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/459/bgp-toc.html
     which consists of:

READ ALL THE ABOVE ^^^^^^^^^^ AT LEAST 5 TIMES
.
..
...then read it again! ;-)

     Extra BGP links: