Well from my understanding a subinterface would be better from an

administrative point of view. I.E. Say you want to run two IPX networks on

the same physical interface using the secondary command. If you where to

change the encapulation on the phsyical interface you would affect all IPX

networks. Now if you where to have a subinterface this can be avoided. The

IOS sees these subinterfaces and different logical interfces on the same

physical interface. To round it up, you can perform differnt functions on

a subinterface. IF you where to use the secondary, anything you change to

affect the interface would affect that secondary addres bound to it.

Group correct me if i'm wrong, or sorta right. I'm kinda new at this :)

--
Regards,

-----------------------------------
Marco Paulo Rodrigues
Unix Administrator
Axxent Corporation
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
CompTia: A+, Network+, i-Net+
Cisco: CCDA

"GOD is mankind's finest creation."

- Marco Rodrigues

"Virtually All Internet Porno flows through the systems of one
company. Cisco Systems. Imporning the Internet Generation."
- Marco Rodrigues