Interesting question.

Yes the routing table is dynamically built by routing protocols.
There are also static routing entries if you created in your
configuration file. Locally connected active networks will be
entered into the routing table immediately after the reset.

If the question goes to how the router performs routing using
routing table, its different.

In the Cisco Express Forward mode, routing table is consulted
for the first packet of a given destination. IOS will store the
forward(port) information in the module/adaptor card RAM.
Subsequent packets target to the same destionation will
be forwarded to egress port without going through the routing
table.

Jim Xie