Hi Nick,

         See my comments on line.

Regards,
Karthik.

At 10:38 PM 8/14/00 -0400, Nick Mackovski wrote:
>Hello GroupStudy.com,
>

>Need to connect a few Cisco routers and switches to a 2511.
>
>first question...
>Should I connect the async cables to the 'console' port or 'aux' port of
>my devices?

Yaah! You are exactly correct

>second question...
>Do I also need to configure the routers and switches - or just configure
>the 2511?

You have to configure only the 2511 device.

>third question, actually request...
>If possible, could someone within groupstudy.com please e-mail a sample
>config of a 2511 - thanks.

No need for much of configuration.
Assign IP Address and proper subnet mask
to the Ethernet port Configure the default gate way.
Just check whether the device can ping outside
world or your network. That's all.

         Assume you have connected a router to the first async port on 2511.
Then you can just telnet from your machine with the following command
to manage the router.

         telnet <Ip Address of the 2511 device> 2000+<async port no>

         In this case the command is:

         telnet 10.2.3.4 2001

                 This will give you the prompt for the telnet password
from the router.

Hope this clears your questions