In a message dated 8/14/00 10:51:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Hello GroupStudy.com,

Need to connect a few Cisco routers and switches to a 2511.

first question...
Should I connect the async cables to the 'console' port or 'aux' port of
my devices?

second question...
Do I also need to configure the routers and switches - or just configure
the 2511?

third question, actually request...
If possible, could someone within groupstudy.com please e-mail a sample
config of a 2511 - thanks.

cheers,
Nick

Wow,
         I can't tell if your serious or kidding. No pun intended. First of
all, if this is for your company then I would suggest not doing anything if
you have these kind of questions...seriously. You could bring down the whole
net. If this is a home lab then you need to buy at least the CCNA book. Any
would do. When you ask for sample config's it's almost impossible to answer
your question. We need to know what kind of net you want to configure. We
need to know how many and what kind of routers you want to connect. If this
is for work I would seriously suggest not doing anything unless you have the
proper knowledge and experience and from the looks of your questions it
doesn't look good. My main suggestion is to read (at least) a book on CCNA
topics. It will help you and give you the "minimum" requirements to set up
your net. Good luck, and be careful,

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

    If the automobile had followed the same development as the computer, a
Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and
explode once a year killing everyone inside.
                                        ~Robert Cringely, InfoWorld~