Hey Team, Here is a piece of the show ver command:

Atlanta_1 uptime is 10 minutes
System restarted by watchdog timer expired at 05:59:11 pdt Tue Aug 15 2000

Here's the deal. We manage net's for various clients where we get snmp tickets from
our clients. We got one that said Cisco Up with reboot. We get these often but this
one said the cause was due to a watchdog timer expiring. Nobody in the office can
figure out for sure what this is. I went to CCO and got this from them on the watchdog
timer: "Hardware or software mechanism that is used to trigger an event or an escape
from a process unless the timer is periodically reset. See also watchdog." and now
watchdog: "Watchdog timer manager that runs on the NP of each LightStream 2020 ATM
switch in an ATM network. The watchdog process rearms the watchdog timer so that the
system automatically restarts if the NP fails." Seems simple enough right? Here's the
catch. This happened on a 2610 router and I doubt it's running ATM at all. Could
someone please help us out and clarify what this is so I can close this damn ticket ;)
 Thanks team,

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA
UNISYS
e-@ction Network Managment Services