Hello Group Study,
A quick question for you.
Scenario:
I have a client with about 8 leased offices in his complex, total 16 drops
plus room for future expansion. He would like to provide shared high speed
Internet access to each office but for security reasons must maintain
confidentiality between each office. Additionally some offices would like to
share files between the office renter and their individual secretary.

Internet --> Firewall  ->  switch--> (Office #1 Secretary PC) & (Office #1
Business owner).

The network may have to be reconfigured as tenants moving in and out have
different network requirements.

My solution:
My first thought would be to get a managed 24 port switch that where each
port can be configured for separate VLANs. Configure all ports to have
access to the port for Internet access and set ports between each secretary
and there office manager to have access to each other.

1) Can this be done this way?
2) Is this the best way to do this?
3) What other solutions would resolve the problem?
4) Can you recommend brands and models of hardware for this solution?

If anyone has any good resources on the Net or from Vendors that explains
this well, I would appreciate knowing about them. Please post replies to the
group for all to learn from and if it is convenient copy to my email address
also.

Thank you in advance and have fun!

Dave Kemper, MCSE, CCNA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]