Hi all,

In the following config, which was cut from the CD,
why would we need the "ip forward-protocol" there,
I though the ip-helped address would do the job, to
forward all the broadcast to the servers, is that
right?

Thanks

Kent

"In the following example, one router is on network
191.24.1.0 and the other is on network 110.44.0.0, and
you want to permit IP broadcasts from hosts on either
network segment to reach both servers. Figure 14
illustrates how to configure the router that connects
network 110 to network 191.24.1.

Figure 14: IP Helper Addresses

The following example shows the configuration:

ip forward-protocol udp
!
interface ethernet 1
 ip helper-address 110.44.23.7