Michael,

I think a possible solution to your problem is to use a TeleWall to monitor
those lines (I am not familiar with ISDN lines, so the example is for an
analog modem).

If you added the following rule to your TeleWall security policy it would
alert you each time the vendor connected to the app server, as well as alert
you each time an unauthorized person tried to connect to the app server:

Objects in Policy
[ App Vendor - Specific phone number vendor will call from ]
[ App Server - phone number of modem connected to your application server ]

TeleWall Security Policy

        Source          Destination             Call Type
Action          Track

1.      App Vendor              App Server              Modem
Allow                   Email Staff
2.      ANY                     App Server              ANY
Terminate               Email Staff

If you want more information, check out http://www.securelogix.com/tw1

Charles