Frank Wells wrote:

> My apologies, I should have asked: Is there a command to force time
> synchronization to the NTP server to check it quickly without
> waiting the default time delay etc?

Remove your ntp server/peer, then add it back.  It should at least
initially sync, but may not hold.  I learned the hard way that you
should not use a low-end router as an NTP source; most everything else
keeps better time and the drift accumulates over the long run enough to
put your server in the "insane" state in 'sho ntp assoc detail'.

Use your highest-end router to proxy NTP for your network, or failing
that, a suitable NTP host with a good clock.  We use our 7500; never had
any luck with an old MGS or it's 3640 replacement that sits on our
primary border.

Jeff Kell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>