Maybe I'm missing something here... you said you deleted the image and now
can only boot to rommon? That's normal. Did you put a new image back into
the router?

-----Original Message-----
From: Khalid Ahmed [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2000 11:18 AM
To: Cisco Group
Subject: Cisco 2600 RMON Hung.

Hi folks,

We have a C2600 that we deleted the Flash off of. Now it boots in the RMON
Mode and will not come out of it. we looked at this link below

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/access/acs_mod/cis2600/2600h
ig/rom.htm

And it is reported as a Boot Chip (Hardware bug) on the 2600.

Has anyone else run into this problem and know a way to get rid of the
error. The error is listed below.

System Bootstrap, Version 11.3(2)XA4, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1999 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
TAC:Home:SW:IOS:Specials for info
C2600 platform with 65536 Kbytes of main memory

device does not contain a valid magic number
boot: cannot open "flash:"
boot: cannot determine first file name on device "flash:"

Thanks in advance.
Regards.
Khalid Ahmed.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]