From: "Croyle, James" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2000 6:43 PM
Subject: RE: CCIE preperation time and budget

What are you rich?  :-)  Well, I am looking into stocking a test area
for
CCIEs at my work ther are none yet), and I think it is adequately
stocked
(from the CCIE requirements section on our fave page) for about 12K, no
used
stuff, my company won't go for the Ebay thing.  If you are getting used,
think 7K to 8K might be enough.  As for study time, if you are going all
out, and given your high aptitude, 2-3 months for the written, 3 to 6
months
for all the practice labs you will be setting up.  I would get a job,
but I
am not as rich as you.  hehe  I got my CCNA, CCNP, CCDA working on 7120,
2500, 2600, 4003, 6506, and 3524s at work, some in test lab, some in
production, and with one year experience, got those certs in the last 5
months. I am no expert for sure, but I can troubleshoot, configure, and
teach others at a low level how they work etc.  What was the question?
Oh,
it's about you...  Ummm...  Get a job with Cisco gear, work on them at
work,
play on them at home, that's my recommendation.

Jim C
Network Engineer