Well, it's true, there is really no way for them to know that the link came
back up. However, depending on the host, there is also no guarantee that
they will ever heed the redirect in the first place. You really cannot count
on them for fault tolerance.

An HSRP solution would probably work better in this scenario. The hosts
would all send to the virtual IP address, which would be served by the
primary router (with the T-1 interface). With interface tracking enabled, if
the T-1 link fails, the secondary router (with the DSL connection) would
take over and the hosts would not need to know anything about it. When the
T-1 link comes back up, that router will become primary again and will take
over traffic sent to the virtual IP address. Again, the hosts need know
nothing about this.

I hope this helps...

Dale
[=`)