When a host receives an ICMP redirect, it's my understanding that it
places a host route in the routing table for that destination.  How long
does that route typically stay in the table?  If the route is being
used, would it stay there indefinitely?  Here's why I ask...

We have a 2620 and a 675 attached to the same remote LAN.  The 675 is
there in case the frame relay circuit to the building goes down.
Because they are on the same subnet, I noticed that the 2620 began
sending redirects to the users.  If the circuit were to come back up,
how would the hosts know to start using their original default gateway?

The 675 and 2620 are not speaking a routing protocol to each other,
we're using static routes only.  Proxy ARP isn't an option because we
want the PCs to always use the frame relay T1 if it is available.  HSRP
is not an option because the 675 does not support it.

Thanks,
John