Group,
    I have a catalyst 3524 switch in my practice lab set up with four vlans
(1-4).  One port is a member  of all vlans and that is the router port.  In
what I have learned you should be able to be a node on vlan 2 and be able to
go out the vlan2 port on the switch to the router and back to the vlan 4
port (or any other vlan for that matter)  and reach a node on vlan 4.  I
said should be able to because it doesn't work that way right now for me.  I
can see every node on the network except the nodes on vlan 1, 3-4.  I have
deduced that it isn't being routed back into the appropriate port.  All
these networks are on the same subnet, but since it's not a 5000 so I can't
assign a different subnet.
    Am I way off base here?  My question really is how can I route vlan 1
back to vlan 2 via one ethernet port on the router back to the other vlans.