From: Dale Holmes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 29, 2000 9:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: VLAN's

You can't just make a switch port a member of all the VLAN's and hang a
router off it to route traffic between VLAN's.

The router and switch must have a way to exchange VLAN information in order
for you to route between VLAN's. You need to connect the router on a trunk
link. This link must be a Fast Ethernet link, and configured for ISL
trunking.

Then you configure the router with subinterfaces for each VLAN and use ISL
encapsulation.

Configs should be readily available on CCO.

Dale
[=`)