From: Kenny Sallee [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 12:35 AM
To: Yee, Jason
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: cannot see route in bgp table?

Jason, you should be careful posting your entire config on groupstudy.
Also, the password on the vty's is easily breakable so you should change it
right away.  Your config looks OK but it's hard to say without knowing your
complete topolgy/policies.  If you have the network in your local BGP table,
it should be advertised.  Go on the router and do a "sh ip bgp nei
<ip_of_ext_nei> advertised"  If you see the networks there, then the problem
may be with your peer.  Also, make sure you have an established BGP session
with the nei.

Check this out:

r7-termserv#sh ip bgp nei 1.1.1.1 ?
  advertised-routes  Display the routes advertised to a BGP neighbor
  dampened-routes    Display the dampened routes received from neighbor
  flap-statistics    Display flap statistics of the routes learned from
neighbor
  paths              Display AS paths learned from neighbor
  received-routes    Display the received routes from neighbor
  routes             Display routes learned from neighbor
  <cr>

Good luck,

Kenny