Hello everybody,
I am in the process of studying for my CCIE written and I came across a question that
I can not find an answer to.  It is about UDP
and fragmentation.  What happens when UDP packets are fragmented? Do the packets have
a sequence number in thier header and does
each segment have a header?

If anybody has an idea of where I can find the anser to that question, it would be
really appreciated.  I've checked the Cisco CD
and numerous books that I have, but I can't seem to find it.  I know the concept of
fragmentation, ie, once a packet is fragmented
it doesn't get reassembled untill the end station.  If one fragment is lost, the whole
thing must be sent again.  In TCP, a packet
is fragmented and a header is put on each packet with a seq # to help the end device.
But what about for UDP?  Is there any
difference?

Regards,
Tara Porter