For frame-relay traffic-rate 32000  64000 16000

  32000 is your average speed, it is what the router will transmit at if
there is no congestion.
  The router assumes 1/2 average speed for CIR, so it will back off to 16000
if there is congestion.
  64000 is what it can burst up to
  I am not positive on the last value, but I think it may be the burst
amount that can be sent per inteval in order to get the traffic up to the
burst amount for that second.

If you have 150K of traffic to send, and your interval is 125ms it will look
like this -

Second 1  - 20K / 20K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K  = 64K, Total = 64K
Second 2  -  4K /  4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K  = 32K, Total = 96K
Second 3  -  4K /  4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 4K  = 32K, Total = 128K
Second 4  -  4K /  4K / 4K / 4K / 4K / 2K / 0K / 0K  = 22K, Total = 150K

If there was more traffic to send, the router could send a total of 42K in
the 5th second, because it would have built up 10K of credit towards
bursting in during the 4th second.

I am not familiar with traffic shaping using the second set of commands, so
I wont comment on them.

For the commands -
>frame-relay cir 64000
>frame-relay mincir 64000

This means that the route will always transmit at 64000 no matter what.
Because there is no Bc set, it will never go over CIR, and because the
mincir = cir, it will never slow down, even if there is congestion.

If you want to get 32K average and 16K minimum, you can use the following
command -
     frame-relay traffic-rate 32000 32000

That will set the average rate to 32000, the burst rate to 32000, and the
mincir (what the router backs off to during congestion) to 16000

By doing this, the router will run at 32K constantly unless it receives
congestion notification.

You also need to use the 'frame-relat adaptive-shaping becn' to get the
router to listen to becns and slow down.

Hope that helps.