Does anybody know what is considered to be high CRC errors on a serial line.
I have seen 26 crc errors over last 70 hours (8,980,742 input packets) appr.
= 2.895 x 10 -6 error rate (26/8,980,742).

Is the error rate formula (crc error total)/(input error packets).  Or is it
(crc error total)/(output error packets) or (crc error total)/(input +
output error packets).  Do you use the number of packets or is it bits or is
bytes.  I would assume that you use packets.

Thanks,

Stan Rossetti

Russia Services Group
Email:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]