The 2924XL uses the IOS based software. How you reset it depends on whether
its a client or a VTP server.

If its a server, you go into VLAN configuration mode ("vlan database"
command), set the VTP domain ("vtp domain <name>"), and then set it as the
server ("vtp server").  If you've configured a domain name and you want to
erase it and leave the domain name empty, try using the "vtp domain"
command without a domain name specified.

If its a client, all you have to do is go into VLAN config mode and set it
as a client ("vtp client"). It will inherit the VTP domain and revision
number from the first VTP advertisement it hears.

If all else fails, there's probably something squirly and you might be
better off just TFTPing a brand new config to the box (minus a VTP domain).
You might also want to take a look at where it's getting its VTP adverts
from. Which switches on your network are configured as servers? If there
aren't any configured as servers, then the switch will inherit the VTP
domain from any other switch as long as the VTP revision number is higher
than its own.

Hope this helps

Karen E Young
Network Engineer
ELF Technologies, Inc
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    "Lorenzo

                    Montezemolo"            To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                    <lmontezemolo@ho        cc:

                    tmail.com>              Subject:     Re: VTP Domain Name

                    Sent by:

                    nobody@groupstud

                    y.com

                    08/31/2000 03:02

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to "Lorenzo

                    Montezemolo"

I think if you want to completely reset the switch configuration you can
type the following:

clear config all

I'm not sure it'll work on a 2924 because I'm not familiar with them, but
it
certainly works on a 2948G.

Give it a try, but be aware that on the 2948G, this literally resets the
running config as if you had just taken it out of the box.  That means you
lose VLANs (except for VLAN1) and all the configuration options get set to
the default.