You can not simplify those addresses. Simplification shows
how many bits from leftmost bit of IP address represents network part
and how many bits represent host part.

Although subnetting RFC does not mandate left justified masks,
( at least at the time I've read it ! ) I haven't heard any usage
for non-left justified masks. Some devices (or most ?)
does not support it.

Administration of those addresses would probably be a nightmare,
although possible.

( I've left subnetting RFC number search as an excersize,
sorry I don't know it by heart)

Regards,
Ufuk.

"Dale Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04.09.2000 16:49:55

Department:

Please respond to "Dale Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>