Amjad,

    MS's IP printing relies on LPR on the workstation/server and LPD on the
print server itself.  When you install the printer, Windows will check for a
response from the printer on the LPD port - TCP 515.  Make sure you're using
a valid queue name - usually 'raw' or 'auto' works, but check with the Print
server docs.  Check your NT/2000 event viewer - Application for errors.
Make sure your server does not have a space in the name.  This seems to make
LPR fail, from a WS I worked on last week.  Neither MS nor Xerox had an
explanation.  Typical MS problem...

Chuck Church
Network Engineer
CCNP, MCNE, MCSE
Magnacom Technologies
140 Route 303
Valley Cottage, NY 10989
Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Voice: 914 267-4000 ext 218
Fax:   914 267-1034

>I have network printer in one segment and wanted to print to it from remote
>computers across a router (2 hops away). The printer is attached to an
Intel