Kevin,

Had you look into using Bandwidth-based suppression instead of Packet-based
suppression.

<excerpt>
Configuring Bandwidth-based Suppression
Bandwidth-based suppression is consider a hardware based suppression method.
The threshold is set as a percent of the bandwidth of the port.  When the
multicast/broadcast traffic exceeds the threshold within a one second
period, the switch will stop forwarding multicast/broadcast traffic.
Unicast traffic will still be forwarded.

Cat5505> (enable) set port broadcast 2/12 75%
Port(s) 2/12 broadcast traffic limited to 75%

Configuring Packet-based Suppression
Packet-based suppression is consider a software based suppression method.
The threshold is set as the number of packet traveling through the port.
When the multicast/broadcast traffic exceeds the threshold within a one
second period, the switch will stop all incoming traffic for the remainder
of the period.

Cat5505> (enable) set port broadcast 2/12 500
Port(s) 2/12 broadcast traffic limited to 500 packets/second.

If you use Bandwidth-based suppression, your web traffic would still goes
through.  Just set the threshold about 25%, that will leave you with 75% of
the port bandwidth for unicast traffic.  There is only one small problem,
some of the catalyst only support packet-based suppression.  Just do a set
port broadcast 2/12 ? to see if you input percentage.

Hopes this help.
Albert