I know that I can find all the information about switches on the Cisco site,
but I would like some feedback and advise from experienced Cisco Switch
users.

I have a "small" LAN where the total amount of connections are below 100.
Seven of the connections are servers.

Since I am redesigning the hardware, I would like to know what you think
would be the best solution.

I would like to give everyone Fast Ethernet access, so I though about
putting four 3524's together on a Gigabit backbone, but would that cause to
many collisions with my servers on Fast Ethernet too?

I could also get a 12 port Gigabit switch that connects my servers and four
3524's so I have a Gigabit backbone with less collisions on my servers, but
I do not know how well Gigabit NIC's work with NT 4.0 and Novell 4.0.

If any of you have comments to this, or any other recommendations, I would
appreciate a reply.

I have started my BCMSN studying, but so far it has been concentrating on
big networks with the three Cisco layers. As far as the layers go, I believe
my LAN stays in the Access layer.

Thanks,

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen