On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Dale Holmes wrote:

> Then you are done... Note that you will not be able to determine what the
> new password is from reading the config... If you want to be able to see the
> password in the config file in plain text (and I have NO IDEA why you would
> want this), use the "no service password-encryption" command from global
> config mode...

Note that this won't work to display a password that has previously been
encrypted.  In other words, if "service password-encryption" was enabled
when the configuration containing the password was saved, then going back
later and entering "no service password-encryption" won't cause it to
display.

See the perl script I posted previously if you really need to do this.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/