Hi Robert -

I haven't read that particular CCDA book, but it should be fine - I used the Syngress
CCDA study guide and felt very ill-prepared once I got into the test, but still
managed to pass.

There are a few similarities between the tests - basic networking stuff, OSI model,
etc.  What I was not prepared for was the amount of reading I had to do while taking
the exam.  Be sure to pace yourself, don't try to rush through it.  Take the time to
read and refer to the exhibits the test gives you.  My brain was completely fried by
the time I finished this exam, but I did pass, and I'm confident you will too.

Best of luck - and say hi to my alma mater there in A^2. :-)

Sincerely,

Bradley J. Wilson
CCNA, CCDA, CCSE, MCT, CTT

"Lopez, Robert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello

I'm studying for the CCDA exam using the DCN Cisco Press book and the CCDA
Study Guide from Sybex.  Will this suffice for my reading material?  I
recently passed the CCNA 1.0 test with a 845.  Will there be any
similarities between these two tests?  Thanks in advance for any input!

Robert M. Lopez
Network Planning
Ann Arbor Data Center
Pfizer Global Research & Development
Phone 734-622-3948      Fax 734-622-1690