Title: RE: BGP4 implementation

RouterA is using OSPF,not BGP, and it has a direct connection to RouterB, which is running BGP and OSPF. What I'm concerned about is the other AS clouds that connect to RouterB would see my network in RouterB's BGP updates and thereby using the link between RouterA & B to get to my RotuerA network. That is what I'm trying to avoid. As you can tell, I'm still very new to BGP. Any suggestions of implementing this "firewall-like" stuff is gladly appreciated.

Elmer

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2000 9:31 AM
To: Deloso, Elmer G.
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: BGP4 implementation

Are all these routers in different AS's?  Same AS?
Does routerA have only 1 transit connection, and thats routerB?
If so, why even run BGP?

There are ways to do what you want, depending on the above.

Brian

On Tue, 5 Sep 2000, Deloso, Elmer  G. wrote:

> Hi, group.
> I need some help on filtering BGP4. The scenario is this: my routerA is set
> up
> with a T1 to routerB via static classB address. However, RouterB is also
> connected to other clouds running BGP4. I do want users in RouterB cloud to
> get to my network, but I don't want the other clouds that connect to RouterB
> to get into my network. The simple questions are: is it just a matter of
> RouterA
> using ACL to allow only RouterB? Is it telling the NetAdmin of RouterB to
> modify his route-redistribution config so no routes outside of RouterB's
> cloud
> gets sent to my RouterA? Are there any other issues or configurations I'm
> better off implementing? Thanks as always to all kind responses.
>
> Elmer

Brian Feeny, CCNA, CCDA       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Network Administrator
ShreveNet Inc. (ASN 11881)